Archive for the ‘Musings’ Category
I’m very excited that I can finally put my nose in “Notes From Underground” by Fyodor Dostoyevsky! I’ve been wanting to wrap my mind around something new within the realm of Russian literature and will probably do a study guide for it. If anyone knows of a study group online please let me know.
I also have a new kitten, George. He’s curious, of course, and very much like an active toddler who needs to learn some manners! haha
Okay, Martin has tagged me for a “Seven Things” meme.
I’m trying to think about what people may or may not know as I am pretty transparent, but also relatively private. So here goes…
- I have a Paula Abdul dance instruction video that I will sometimes secretly get out to practice with for FUN!
- I can’t stand the smell of raw meat.
- On occasion, I put books on my head to walk around the house to achieve balance and good posture. I never did learn to do the runway walk very well though. I giggle too much and can crash to the side in high heels.
- I have had a lot of recurring nightmares and night terrors.
- I tend to be a little obsessive about learning new subjects.
- Sometimes I say what I am thinking too quickly and accidentally offend people.
- I almost always have music playing, even if it’s in my own mind – you can catch me randomly humming or singing unrecognizable tunes.
Since moving to Florida I rarely experience dry skin. While living in Colorado, on the other hand, dry skin during the winter months was always a constant battle. This winter seems to be a little cooler than normal in Florida, and while the effects of this weather is nothing in compared to what my northern neighbors experience… I still find a need to use a good lotion and try to stay on top ofallowing weather to cause unecessary skin damage.
Below are some links that I find interesting and useful, particularly those related to skin healthy foods.
* Correcting skin damage
* “Best foods for skin” (which includes one of my favorites… blueberries!!!)
* “7 Miracle Foods for Healthy Skin“
It’s not easy for a lot of people to find full time employment due to our economy. A couple of weeks ago I watched a good segment on CNN about more and more people doing contract work for a variety of companies.
I did not follow the season for either team in the Super Bowl. The only reason I decided to cheer for the Cardinals is because I like the cardinal bird. I must say though, that the story about Kurt Warner, AZ Cardinals quarterback, is very inspirational!
Half time featuring Bruce Springsteen was energetic. Very “all American”!
The best part of the evening was looking at Super Bowl ads.
My favorites include the following:
1. “Heroes vs. NFL” (Of course! John Elway, #7 of the Denver Broncos as a Super Hero that saves the day… almost)
2. “LMAO Syndrome” (Hilarious!)
3. “Pepsi Max – I’m Good” (also very funny and in a strange way… true!)
Day to day life can be very busy, and I’ve never been one to appreciate drama. So it’s always been very important for me to journal. Not only is writing a way to reflect on feelings about everything going on, but it’s also a way to keep perspective. Especially when there is a lot going on, it would be far too easy to confuse what we’d like reality tobe vs reality. And if we attempt to reflect on something disingenuous (maybe not even purposefully so) we really don’t progress.
Another excellent way of reducing stress is exercise. I find being outside and walking helpful, and it’s great to get as much sun as possible during the winter time. What’s really great is hitting a ball as hard and as far as possible with a good, solid baseball bat!
Here are some tips on exercise for stress reduction.
Looking forward to 2009! And wishing all good things for my fellow Thinker to Thinker bloggers and friends! Given all of the serious changes in the world, there will be some interesting stories to blog about.
Recently Martin posted something on a blog personality analysis generator. The Typealyzer does state that what is generated may or may not be the blog authors real personality. Which is true in my case, as it comes up with personality type ESTP (the doer) for this blog. In actuality, according to my Myers-Briggs results, I am INTJ.
(oh and the gender analyzer had me wrong too – maybe I need to write more flowery or something?:) )
I have added a link for my friend Nigel’s blog called, I Spit On Your Taste. Nigel is a film buff and has a fantastic way of writing about a unique niche of movies including Italian horror films. There seems to be a large fan base for Z rated films in Europe as well as the US.
As noted by Steve at The Last Picture Show blog (also a verygood film review blog), Nigel’s new blog is developing nicely. Keep it up, Nig!